Nominate an outstanding municipal chief elected official to become a recipient of this prestigious award
The Michael A. Guido Leadership and Public Service Award was created in memory of Dearborn Mayor Michael Guido to honor a municipal chief elected official who embodies professionalism and leadership, and is dedicated to the citizenry of his/her community and to the advocacy efforts on their community’s behalf in Lansing and Washington, D.C.
Nominees must be:
- A municipal chief elected official who has demonstrated excellence in leadership
- A municipal chief elected official who has shown perseverance in making a difference in their community for a sustained period of time
- An active member of the Michigan Municipal League
- From a Michigan Municipal League member community
- A municipal elected official at the time of their nomination
An awards committee consisting of the League president, vice president, executive director, and the Michigan Association of Mayors president and vice president will serve as the judges. After a recipient is selected, an award will be given out at the League’s Awards Banquet in the spring.