The Marijuana Regulatory Agency (MRA) is facilitating a stakeholder workgroup to discuss and provide suggestions on the following regulatory topics: temporary events, designated consumption establishments, and other special licenses. The work group will take place following the MRA’s public meeting in Traverse City, Michigan on October 28, 2019 from 1:00 -3:00 p.m.
Seeking participants in the following categories:
- Health professionals (not physicians)
- Marijuana licensees
- Local government representatives
- Other (participants who don’t fit the first five categories)
Individuals interested in participating in the Marijuana Regulatory Agency (MRA) workgroup must send an email to [email protected] with the word “Workgroup” in the subject line of the email. The body of the email must contain the following information:
- Your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number
- Occupation or job title
- Name of the employer or organization that you are affiliated with
- Category you belong to (select one from the above list of 6 categories)
- A brief explanation (no more than 150 words) detailing your qualifications for inclusion in the stakeholder workgroup. Please do not include attachments with your email.
The MRA will consider all email requests that meet these requirements, and any additional relevant information, in selecting participants for this workgroup. Requests and inquiries made via telephone or to other MRA contacts will not be accepted.
The deadline to email your request to participate in this workgroup is Thursday, October 10, 2019 at 9:00 AM. Selected individuals will be notified directly by the MRA. Workgroup participants will be announced by Thursday, October 17, 2019.
The purpose of this workgroup is to gather information only. All interested members of the public – whether selected to participate in the workgroups or not – will be able to participate in the permanent rule-making process that includes public review and comment.
Jennifer Rigterink is a legislative associate for the League handling economic development, land use and municipal services issues. She can be reached at [email protected] or 517-908-0305.