In partnership with the Michigan Municipal League, Michigan Townships Association, Michigan Association of Counties and the Michigan County Road Association, the Michigan Department of Treasury will host the 18th joint webinar, “Updates and Resources for Local Governments.”
The Updates and Resources for Local Governments webinar series is designed to provide local government leaders and officials with the information, tools, and resources necessary to make important decisions at the local level. The upcoming webinar will focus on a selection of grants that are available to local governments through various State departments.
Specific topics covered will include:
- Outdoor Public Spaces Grant Opportunity – SPARK (MDNR) – grants to help local communities to create, renovate or redevelop public outdoor spaces
- Blight Elimination Grant – State Land Bank Authority is administering grants to local communities to address vacant and deteriorated properties
- Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) Grants
- MI Hope – energy efficient home repair grants eligible to non-profits and local governments
- Missing Middle Housing – housing production program designed to address the general lack of attainable housing and housing challenges underscored by the COVID-19 pandemic by increasing the supply of housing stock by providing cost defrayment to developers constructing or substantially rehabbing properties targeted to household incomes between 185% and 300% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Housing and Community Development Fund – developing and coordinating resources to meet the affordable housing needs of low-income households eligible to nonprofit and for-profit developers, municipalities, land banks, and community development financial institutions
Participants can register and submit questions prior to the webinar at:
- Welcome & Introductions (Rod Taylor, Administrator, Community Engagement and Finance Division, Michigan Department of Treasury)
- Outdoor Public Spaces Grant Opportunity – SPARK (Daniel Lord, Assistant Division Chief, Finance and Operations Division, Facilities, Grants, Minerals, Michigan Department of Natural Resources)
- Blight Elimination Grant – State Lank Bank (Jeff Huntington, Operations Manager, State Land Bank Authority, Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity)
- Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) Grants (Tonya Joy, Director, Neighborhood Housing Initiatives Division, Chad Benson, Director of Development, Tiffany King, Equity and Inclusion Officer)
- Question and Answer
- Closing Remarks (Rod Taylor, Administrator, Community Engagement and Finance Division, Michigan Department of Treasury)
Presentations and recordings from this webinar, along with previous webinars, can be found at TREASURY – Webinars (michigan.gov). Utilize TREASURY – Contact Information (michigan.gov) for support related to Treasury’s local government services.
John LaMacchia is the League’s director of state & federal affairs. He can be reached at email@example.com or 517-908-0303.