As was announced during yesterday’s webinar with the Michigan Department of Treasury, the latest estimates for last year’s federal CARES funded Public Safety Public Health Payroll Reimbursement (PSPHPR) grants were released. Information was released earlier today from Treasury detailing the process for communities to review these final estimates in advance of the final, pro-rated payments being distributed later this spring. The following information was provided by Treasury. League members are encouraged to review the latest payment estimates and notify Treasury staff as soon as possible for any error corrections.
The PSPHPR Prorated Award Amounts as of March 23, 2021 listing is available on Treasury’s PSPHPR website. Treasury is asking all PSPHPR applicants to review the listing.
- If an applicant identifies an error or omission, please contact Treasury at 517-335-0155 or by emailing [email protected]. Applicants must contact Treasury by Tuesday, April 6, 2021 with any concerns.
- If an applicant does not identify an error, no further action is required to notify Treasury.
Please note the following regarding the PSPHPR Prorated Award Amounts as of March 23, 2021 listing:
- Prorated Award Amounts are not final.
- Treasury is in the process of completing final audits of the PSPHPR applications (affected applicants have been contacted).
- Awards will be finalized upon completion of the final audits and after the applicant’s review of the PSPHPR Prorated Award Amounts as of March 23, 2021 listing.
- Final Prorated Award Amounts are projected to be published in April 2021.
- The “Balance to Pay” amounts are the current projected amounts to be paid by Treasury to applicants.
- “Balance to Pay” amounts that are negative indicate that an applicant’s “Initial 50% Payment” was greater than the “Prorated Award Amount”.
- Once the prorated award amounts are finalized, applicants will need to repay the negative amounts. Do not repay the negative amounts until contacted by Treasury.
- All amounts are subject to change. Any changes to one applicant will impact all other applicants’ amounts.
- Once Final PSPHPR Prorated Award Amounts are calculated, no further adjustments can be made.
Questions can be emailed to [email protected] or by contacting the Treasury CARES Grant Program Hotline at 517-335-0155.
Chris Hackbarth is the League’s director of state & federal affairs. He can be reached at 517-908-0304 and [email protected].