As a reminder, if you have not already registered for the Rural Task Force training there is still time. The Lansing session is close to capacity and there is still space available at the other three locations. If you are interested in attending, please submit a registration-form to Betsy Simon at [email protected].
The dates and locations are as follows:
- October 18: Gaylord, University Center, 80 Livingston Blvd, Gaylord 49735
- October 20: Marquette, Holiday Inn, 1951 US 41 West, Marquette 49855
- October 24: Lansing, Horatio Earl Training Center, 7575 Crowner Dr., Dimondale, MI 48821
- October 26: Flint, Flint Mass Transit Administration and Training Facility, 1401 South Dort Highway, Flint 48503
A block of rooms at state rates have been reserved the night before for each location. You will need to contact the hotel and make your own reservation. The block of rooms will be available up to one month prior to the training. Specific information for each is listed below:
- Gaylord: Baymont Inn, 510 S Wisconsin Ave, Gaylord, MI 49735 Phone: (989) 731-6331. Use Group ID# 1017RT
- Marquette, Holiday Inn, 1951 US 41 West, Marquette 49855, (906) 225-1351. Let them know you are with MDOT Rural Task Force training
- Lansing, SpringHill Suite, 111 South Marketplace Boulevard, Lansing 48917, (517) 627-0002. Use this link: Book your group rate for MDOT Rural Task Force Training
- Flint, Holiday Inn Express, 1150 Robert T. Longway, Flint 48503, (810) 238-7744. Use Group: MDT
There is still the opportunity to participate in the Lansing session via webinar. If you are interested please check the webinar line on the registration form and make sure to include your email address. Information for joining the webinar will be provided in a later email.
Also, if you have any specific questions you would like addressed or any issues or concerns you would like included in the presentation, please submit them through this survey monkey link.
If you have any questions, please contact Andy Brush ([email protected]) or Betsy Simon ([email protected]).
John LaMacchia is the Assistant Director of State Affairs for the League handling transportation, infrastructure, energy and environment issues. He can be reached at [email protected] or 517-908-0303.