The Senate has announced the committee assignments for the 2015/2016 session. Here is a list of the committees we work with on a more regular basis (D’s in italics).
- Commerce – Schmidt (chair), Kowall (vice chair), MacGregor, Nofs, Hertel
- Economic Development & International Investment – Horn (chair), Schmidt (vice chair), Brandenburg, Stamas, Emmons, Smith, Bieda
- Elections and Government Reform – Robertson (chair), Colbeck (vice chair) Emmons, Shirkey, Hood
- Energy and Technology – Nofs (chair), Proos (vice chair), Horn, Schuitmaker, Hune, Shirkey, Zorn, Hopgood, Knezek, Smith
- Local Government – Zorn (chair), Proos (vice chair), Brandenburg, Rocca, Young
- Regulatory Reform – Rocca (chair), Jones (vice chair), Knollenberg, Kowall, Marleau, Hune, Warren, Hertel, Johnson
- Transportation – Casperson (chair), Horn (vice chair), Pavlov, Marleau, Hopgood
- Appropriations: General Government – Stamas (chair), Nofs (vice chair), Booher, Young
- Appropriations: Transportation – Hansen (chair), Knollenberg (vice chair), Young
For a full list of the committees and their membership, click here.
The House is expected to announce their committee assignments later this week.
Nikki Brown is a legislative associate for the League handling economic development and municipal services issues. She can be reached at [email protected] or 517-908-0305.