The US Department of Transportation has released a notice of funding opportunity (NOFO) for a new discretionary grant program. Below are brief highlights of the program.
Safe Streets and Roads for All (SS4A) Grant Program: FY22 NOFO
- Purpose: Support regional, local, and Tribal initiatives to prevent roadway deaths and serious injuries.
- Funding: Up to $5-6 billion in funding will be available over FY22-26, including up to $1 billion in FY22.
- Discretionary Grants: Grant funds will be awarded on a competitive basis.
- Eligible Activities:
- Develop or update a Comprehensive Safety Action Plan.
- Conduct planning, design, and development activities in support of an Action Plan.
- Carry out projects and strategies identified in an Action Plan.
- Eligible Entities:
- Metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs);
- Counties, cities, towns, other special districts that are subdivisions of a State, and transit agencies;
- Federally recognized Tribal governments; and
- Multijurisdictional groups comprised of the above entities.
SS4A Website: https://www.transportation.gov/SS4A
- NOFO: when the NOFO is released, the SS4A website will include a link to the NOFO on Grants.gov.
- Subscribe: Those who are interested may subscribe to email updates about the SS4A program.
The application deadline is 120 days after publication of the NOFO, which is September 15, 2022.
John LaMacchia is the League’s director of state & federal affairs. He can be reached at [email protected] or 517-908-0303.