2021 Positive Project Safety Collaboration Award
This award is aimed at recognizing the uniting of all parties on a Michigan highway project to achieve a positive safety culture. The award will be presented by the Michigan Work Zone Safety Task Force for one or more project teams that demonstrate a remarkable partnership to achieve the safest work environment possible for workers, motorists, and other stakeholders.
Any MDOT-let projects are eligible to be nominated.
Criteria for consideration:
- Collaboration of all parties involved in the project.
- Implementation of new ideas and techniques for work zone safety.
- Responsiveness to change in the work zone to promote safety.
- Effective communication to maintain positive results.
- Demonstrate a collective and positive project safety culture.
Applications for the 2021 award must be received by Oct. 29, 2021.
- Full award details can be found on the Michigan Work Zone Safety Task Force website.
- The nomination form can be found here.
- Send additional materials (photos, documents, etc.) for consideration to [email protected].
- Link to flyer with additional details.
John LaMacchia is the Assistant Director of State and Federal Affairs for the League handling transportation, infrastructure, energy and environment issues. He can be reached at [email protected] or 517-908-0303.