Last week the Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) announced a funding opportunity through their Neighborhood Enhancement Program (NEP), the Rural/Direct Funded – Round Four Million Dollar Opportunity. More information can be found on MSHDA’s website as well as listed below.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE is TUESDAY, APRIL 23, 2019
There are four documents associated with the NEP Round 4:
1. NEP Round 4 Information – Process Overview
2. NEP Round 4 Eligibility Information – Exhibit B-1
3. NEP Round 4 Eligibility AMI Information – Exhibit B-2 If your specific community is not found on Exhibit B-2 click here to determine what MSA should be used instead
4. NEP Chart Round 4 – Component overview – Exhibit A
5. Cover Letter – To be filled out by Grantees
MSHDA is requesting the following action to be undertaken at the local level:
1. Read information within item #1 above and determine interest.
2. Perform six steps within item #2 above to determine if they are eligible – equal to or less than 120% AMI area then print out the result.
3. Read eligible component categories within item #3 above and see if it fits with their neighborhood’s needs.
4. Cover letter – must be filled out and submitted along with Page 4 as outlined in #1 above.
MSHDA has provided the following population numbers to assist with maximum request amount determinations (see below).
There are 6 Categories (A-F) of potential applicants (see attached population list) not including non-profits:
A 0-500 = 98 Maximum Funding $10,000 Reserved $120,000
B 501 – 1000 = 83 Maximum Funding $20,000 Reserved $120,000
C 1001 – 2000 = 102 Maximum Funding $30,000 Reserved $120,000
D 2001 – 5000 = 103 Maximum Funding $40,000 Reserved $120,000
E 5000 – 49999 = 123 Maximum Funding $50,000 Reserved $150,000
F 50,000+ Non Profits Only Maximum Funding $50,000 Reserved $370,000
All questions related to the NEP Program should be directed in writing to [email protected] with a Subject Line Reference entitled, “NEP 4 Question” no later than Wednesday, April 17, 2019.
MSHDA will hold a Q & A conference call and go over all submitted questions and responses on Thursday, April 18, 2019 from 1–2 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Conference Call Number is 877.402.9753, Access Code 3292085.
Jennifer Rigterink is a legislative associate for the League handling economic development, land use and municipal services issues. She can be reached at [email protected] or 517-908-0305.