The Michigan Chapter of the American Public Works Association (APWA) will be hosting its annual Great Lakes Expo beginning Tuesday, May 23rd, with educational sessions continuing on May 24th and 25th. The Expo will offer three session tracts for those in Public Works: Management, Operations and Fleet Maintenance. This year’s theme, “Headliners in Public Works”, is embodied in Tim Skubick’s, WWJ Newsradio 950, keynote address in which he will dive into the realm of managing public relations. Attendees will have the opportunity to receive a Michigan Legislative Update from the League’s lobbyist and a Federal Legislative Update from Marty Williams, APWA National. Additional session topics will include:
- Green Infrastructure Financing,
- Trenchless Technologies for Water Main,
- Utilizing Mobile GIS,
- OMID Project Overview
- Infrastructure Remaining Useful Life Planning,
- Intelligent Public Works and Organizational Culture,
- Workzone Safety,
- Non-motorized Trail Crossing Design,
- Application of “Lean” Processing in Public Works,
- Tier 4 Emission Requirement Update,
- Various equipment maintenance updates
To register for the Great Lakes Expo, visit http://michigan.apwa.net/, call (248) 370-0000 or e-mail [email protected].
John LaMacchia is the Assistant Director of State and Federal Affairs for the League handling transportation, infrastructure, energy and environment issues. He can be reached at [email protected] or 517-908-0303.