Reminder from Treasury that December 1st is the deadline for submitting the revenue sharing/transparency certification (Form 4886) for all cities, villages and townships that are eligible for statutory revenue sharing payments (CVTRS) for FY 2017.
Per 2016 Public Act 268, Section 952(3), attached is the FY 2017 detailed guidance for cities, villages, and townships. Additional information can be found on the Michigan Department of Treasury website: http://www.michigan.gov/treasury/0,4679,7-121-1751_2197_58826—,00.html, including the required certification form and available templates.
To receive full payment, Treasury must receive all required documentation by December 1, 2016.
In order to meet the deadline and qualify for the full CVTRS payment amount available, a local unit must submit to Treasury the documents listed below and make the documents available for public viewing in the city, village, township, or county clerk’s office or post them on a publicly accessible Internet website.
The required documents are:
- Signed City, Village, and Township Revenue Sharing and County Incentive Program Certification (Form 4886)
- Citizen’s Guide (minimum General Fund); see below for more information
- Performance Dashboard
- Debt Service Report (all funds)
- Projected Budget Report (minimum General Fund)
New Citizen’s Guide Reporting Option
The new Citizen’s Guide reporting options allow local units to indicate, via checkbox, on the CVTRS and CIP Certification (Form 4886) that they have elected to utilize Treasury’s new online system and will not be submitting a copy of the Citizen’s Guide. Although the new system is not yet operational, submissions will be considered on-time as long as local units elect this option on the Certification Form and submit all other required documentation on-time. A current version of Form 4886, with the checkbox, can be found here: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/treasury/4886_CVTRS_Certification_Form_2017_530568_7.pdf.
Submissions can be emailed to [email protected], faxed to 517-335-3298, or mailed to:
Michigan Department of Treasury – ORTA
P.O. Box 30722
Lansing MI 48909
- Prior to submitting the documentation via email, DOUBLE CHECK THE EMAIL ADDRESS to ensure that the address has been typed correctly. If the email address is typed incorrectly, Treasury will not receive the submission and unfortunately the local unit will not qualify for a payment.
- When submitting the documentation, DOUBLE CHECK ATTACHMENTS to ensure that all the required documentation has been attached. Submissions received without attachments do not qualify.
- After submitting the documentation:
- Within two business days of Treasury receiving your submission, you will receive an email reply stating the submission has been received. Starting November 28, 2016, Treasury will provide the email reply within four business hours.
- If a response email is not received from Treasury within the above time frames, contact Treasury at 517-373-2697 to verify that the submission has been received.
- Upon a review of the documentation at a future date, Treasury may request additional information to ensure a local unit’s compliance with 2016 Public Act 268.
If a submission is sent via email or fax, Treasury does not require a mailed copy.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at 517-373-2697.
If Treasury does not receive ALL of the above documents by 11:59 p.m. on December 1, 2016, your local unit will not qualify for the full CVTRS payment amount available.
Chris Hackbarth is the League’s director of state affairs. He can be reached at 517-908-0304and [email protected].