Effective April 1, 2014, the updated MDOT Local Agency Program Application Forms 0258, 0259, and 0260 were activated and made available on the MDOT Local Agency Program (LAP) website here as well as at the MDOT Forms page here.
The forms were updated mainly to:
• request information from the local agency regarding whether its project includes work in any MDOT right of way, or whether the proposed work affects any existing traffic signals or pedestrian signals. This information will allow MDOT LAP staff engineers to determine whether other MDOT units need to be involved in the project.
• revise ROW Attachments A and B, defining “property acquisition” as “permanent fee, permanent easements, temporary consents to construct, and grading permits”, hopefully resulting in a less confusing definition
• include space for the local agencies to list their designated Certified Computerized Office Technician (page 10 of each form), in accordance with current Bureau Of Highway Informational Memoranda (BOHIM)
• provide consistency in fonts and type faces
• changed references to the Transportation Alternative funding program
• correct several fields which were auto-filling incorrectly
Local agencies should begin using these forms as soon as possible, so that they can identify their certified computerized office technician and comply with the BOHIM.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact Bruce Kadzban, MDOT LAP Rural and Enhancement Program Manager, at 517-335-2229 or at [email protected].
John LaMacchia is a Legislative Associate for the League handling transportation and infrastructure issues. He can be reached at [email protected] or 517-908-0303.