“The Affordable Care Act and Your City” is a learning session being hosted by the National League of Cities and The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services on Wednesday, August 28th at 2:00pm. Beginning October 1, 2013, a new Health Insurance Marketplace will open in every state, giving Americans a whole new way to shop for health insurance. These changes are creating a lot of confusion about what the Affordable Care Act (ACA) means for individuals and businesses. To register for the event, click here.
The hour-long learning session will include:
* How elected officials can help their constituents and smaller businesses obtain the health insurance they need and deserve;
* How the Health Insurance Marketplace and SHOP will work;
* Information about subsidies for individuals who need health insurance but whose incomes are too low to afford it;
* How a city can become a “Certified Application Counselor and
* Basic information every American should have about the Affordable Care Act.
Summer Minnick is the Director of Policy Initiatives and Federal Affairs. She can be reached at 517-908-0301 or [email protected].