Grants and Funding Opportunities
- National Opioid Settlement
State, county, and local governments are slated to receive funds from the national opioid settlement soon.
To view National Opioid Settlement Webinars and Videos click here. To visit our MML blog related to National Opioid Settlement click here.
- Recycling Education Assistance Grants
Now Available for Small Communities until October 2022, but potential grantees are encouraged to apply early while supporting funds are available.
To visit our MML blog related to Recycling Education Assistance Grants click here.
- Revitalization and Placemaking (RAP) Program
Applications are now available for the Revitalization and Placemaking (RAP) Program.
Draft PDF Application
Revitalization and Placemaking (RAP) Program Website
Expanded Frequently Asked Questions
- Local Bridge Program
Deadline for Applications is April 4, 2022. Related MML blog
To visit our MML blog related to the Local Bridge Program click here.
- Fiscal Year 2024 Federal Local Safety Program – Call for Projects
Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) has announced the solicitation of applications for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2024 Local Safety Program encompassing the Highway Safety Improvement (HSIP), Highway Safety Improvement (HSIP) Systemic, and High-Risk Rural Road (HRRR) programs. The FY 2024 federal budget apportioned for this program is estimated to be $18,000,000: $10,000,000 for general HSIP; $2,000,000 for streamlined systemic HSIP; $6,000,000 for HRRR. All applications must be submitted electronically by midnight May 2, 2022.
For additional information and an electronic submission form please click here.
To visit our MML blog related to the Call For Projects click here.
- U.S. Department of Transportation New Infrastructure Act
Learn about the impact on Michigan with list of related grant opportunities becoming available to state and local governments.
To learn more visit our MML blog related to the New Infrastructure Act here.
- Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP)
This is a temporary emergency program to help low-income households pay overdue water and wastewater bills. Michigan received emergency funding from Congress to administer this program. This program is available to low-income homeowners or renters. Funding is administered through Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) to Community Action Agencies (CAAs) statewide until September 30, 2023, unless depleted prior to that date.
To visit our MML blog related to the LIHWAP click here.
MDHHS – Low-income Households Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) (michigan.gov)
Webinars and Videos
- Opioid Settlement Webinar
3-4 p.m. March 2, 2022 by Michigan Department of Health and Human Services in partnership with the Michigan Municipal League. Michigan Townships Association, and Michigan Association of Counties. Interested participants can register for the call here – Meeting ID: 811 9593 1850; Passcode: 231685.
To visit our MML blog related to the Opioid Settlement Webinar click here.
- Rural Bikeways Planning and Design Training Sessions
Training sessions are March 22, 24, or April 19, 2022.
To register for class: https://www.research.net/r/5FNNYDG
To visit our MML blog related to Rural Bikeways Planning and Design Training Sessions click here.
- Live with the League – Discussion of Revitalization and Placemaking (RAP) Program – Feb. 7, 2022
- Take Action on Opioid Settlement Funds webinar by MML and Michigan Attorney General’s Office – Dec. 8, 2021
- Live with the League – Bipartisan Federal Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act – Nov. 15, 2021
- Live with the League: ARP Discussion with Treasury
- American Rescue Plan funding is on the way: Learn how to access it and maximize it. Webinar by MML and MAC
Guidance, Documents and Helpful Links
- Local Bridge Program for Michigan Communities
- Revitalization and Placemaking (RAP) Program for Michigan Communities
- Toolkit from U.S. Department of Transportation to Help Rural Communities Build Out Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure
- Infrastructure Law Guidebooks
- ARP allocations by Metropolitan Cities
- ARP allocations by Counties
- ARP Allocations by Non-Entitlement Units (NEU) of Local Government
- U.S. Department of Treasury COVID-19 Economic Relief
- Michigan Department of Treasury American Rescue Plan Act Resource Page
- Michigan Municipal League Corona Resource Page
- National League of Cities COVID-19 Resource Page
- National League of Cities ARP Resource Page
- American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA)
- U.S. Treasury Final Rule Overview. Read related MML blog.
- U.S. Treasury Final Rule
- U.S. Treasury FAQ’s
- U.S. Treasury Guidance on NEUs
- U.S. Treasury FAQ’s (on Distribution of Funds to NEUs)