Each non-entitlement unit of local government (NEU) is required to meet compliance and reporting responsibilities, as defined in the Interim Final Rule , the Final Rule (effective on April 1, 2022), and further described in the Compliance and Reporting Guidance. The Reporting Guidance requires program and performance reporting to build public awareness, increase accountability, and monitor compliance of eligible uses.
Each NEU must submit a Project and Expenditure Report by April 30, 2022, and then quarterly or annually thereafter, based on their total allocation. If you are an NEU that received over $10 million, you are required to report quarterly.
Last month Treasury hosted a webinar for Non-Entitlement Units of Local Government (NEUs) where they covered the topics of reporting and compliance. If you were unable to attend that webinar, they have now posted that and several other helpful links on their website, including a user guide.
- NEU Reporting Overview – presentation
- NEU Reporting Overview – recorded webinar
- NEU Intro to Reporting – Account Creation, Roles, and Agreements/Supporting Docs Submission
- April 2022 Project and Expenditure Report User Guide – provides information on submitting Project and Expenditure Reports.
- NEU and Non-UGLG Agreements and Supporting Documents User Guide – provides instructions to NEUs and Non-UGLG on setting accounts, assigning reporting roles, and providing required documentation to Treasury
To access the Reporting Guidance and learn more about the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds, authorized by the American Rescue Plan Act, please visit Treasury’s Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds website. To see a concise summary of the final rule for the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds, please see the Overview Document.
If you have questions or need additional information from the U.S. Treasury, please send an email via [email protected].
Also, continue to utilize the League’s ServeMICity service. More information can be found here.
John LaMacchia is the League’s director of state & federal affairs. He can be reached at [email protected] or 517-908-0303.