The League received the following background and schedule from MI Treasury staff earlier this week:
The Fiscally Ready Communities team is excited to announce our training schedule for 2020! This year we will be doing one Financial Best Practices Overview that was offered in 2019 and a brand new more in-depth training on Capital Management and Planning! This new training session is about Capital Improvements Plans (CIP), financial preplanning, policies and procedures for capital asset management, and implementing proactive processes.
Each training is half day and is FREE!
The training level is designed for basic to intermediate knowledge or a refresher course for those with advanced knowledge.
Capital Asset Management and Planning trainings:
- March 4, 1-4:30 p.m. – Ann Arbor – Washtenaw County MSU Extension, 705 N Zeeb Rd., Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- April 2, 1-4:30 p.m. – Lapeer – Lapeer County MSU Extension, 1800 Imlay Rd. #1, Lapeer, MI 48446
- April 28, 1-4:30 p.m. – Madison Heights – Madison Heights Fire Station #1, 31313 Brush St, Madison Heights, MI 48071
- May 14, 1-4:30 p.m. – Kalamazoo – Kalamazoo Expo Center, 2900 Lake St, Kalamazoo, MI 49048
- June 11, 1-4:30 p.m. – Graying – Kirtland Community College Community Room, 4800 W. Four Mile Rd., Grayling, MI 49738
- July 8, 1-4:30 p.m. – Iron River – Young’s Golf-Recreation-Dining, 159 Young’s Lane, Iron River, MI 49935
- July 9, 1-4:30 p.m. – St. Ignace – Little Bear East, 275 Marquette Street, St. Ignace, MI 49781
- Sept. 9, 1-4:30 p.m. – Saginaw – Thomas Township Public Safety Administration Offices, 825 Shields Dr., Saginaw, MI 48609
We will also be hosting a training in Big Rapids (August). That date will be added as it is finalized.
Financial Best Practices Overview training:
- May 7, 1-4:30 p.m. – Grayling – Kirtland Community College Community Room, 4800 W. Four Mile Rd,. Grayling, MI 49738
To register for the trainings please go to: https://events.anr.msu.edu/FRC2020/
This training is brought to you by the Michigan Department of Treasury and MSU Extension. It is sponsored by the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC).
Chris Hackbarth is the League’s director of state & federal affairs. He can be reached at 517-908-0304 and email@example.com.